Hey hey crochet lovers. Once in a while we all bite off a little more than we can chew. When I started crocheting Suicune, I had no idea how complicated it would turn out to be. Everything was going swimmingly until I got to Suicune’s flowing mane and then I hit a brick wall. The original pattern left me completely bamboozled and after a couple of false starts, I ended up putting the whole project on hold for a while.
I’m pretty stubborn and don’t like to give up midway through a challenge, so I decided to give this beast one more go. It still wasn’t coming together, so I did what I should have done weeks before – gave up on the pattern and improvised a new plan for the mane. I honestly couldn’t be happier with how it worked out in the end. The pattern gives a voluminous flowing feeling, and finishes off Suicune nicely.
The final finishing touch was weaving some floristry wire through Suicune’s tail ribbons to give them a majestic wave to them.
Yarn: mid blue, dark blue, white and purple DK cotton